Online registration is open to both SAIC and non-SAIC students. Registration is not an automated process as we are a unique place that has to manage housing as well. We will process the registration requests in the order they are received, emailing a registration confirmation soon after. Please call (800) 318-3019 if you would like confirmation that we received your information. In the event that the course you requested is full, you will receive an email or call informing you of your status on the wait list or that you have been enrolled in your second choice course.
MARCH 19, 2018, SAIC Advanced REGISTRATION
In-Person registration & work scholarship sign-up begin at 8:30 AM, Ox-Bow Office: Sullivan, 36 S Wabash, 1425.
Online Registration begins at 1:00 PM CST & continues until classes are filled.
March 26, 2018, Open Online Registration
Online Registration opens at 8:30 AM CST and continues until classes are filled.
MARCH 19, 2018, Open Registration by Mail Begins
Please send a completed registration form with payment to: Ox-Bow Registration, 36 S. Wabash, 12th floor, Chicago, IL 60603. Registrations will be processed in the order they are received. Registrations postmarked before March 19th will be returned.
Ox-Bow classes may be taken for either credit or non-credit. Credit is awarded through the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. SAIC has been accredited since 1936 by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and since 1944 (charter member) by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. The Pre-College program class for high school student is for-credit only. To request a transcript from SAIC, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (312) 629-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course and Housing Fees
Single Room Fee
Single rooms can be requested at the time of registration and are available on a first-come, first-served basis for an additional fee of $100 per week, except for those with accessibility requirements. This fee is not charged until the availability of a single room can be confirmed, which is upon arrival at Ox-Bow for check-in.
Lab fees are listed with each course description. Lab fees cover the cost of essential class materials supplied by Ox-Bow, including fuel/electricity costs (if applicable), studio maintenance and large-batch supplies. All fees are due at the time of registration.
Ox-Bow Drop Policy
Please read carefully, Ox-Bow's drop policy is not the same as SAIC's drop policy
Refunds can only be granted if drop requests are made three weeks prior to the beginning of the class. In the event that Ox-Bow must cancel a course due to low enrollment or for any other reason, full refunds will be given.
To drop a course, students must submit the request in writing to Ox-Bow’s registrar through the online Drop Form. Simply not attending does not constitute a drop. Additionally, it is not possible to drop an Ox-Bow course through the SAIC Self-Service or through the SAIC Registrar.
The following drop fees will be assessed dependent on when you drop your course (scholarships cannot be used to cover drop fees):
- From the first day of registration until 4:30pm on Friday, April 20, you will receive a full refund minus a $100 drop fee.
- If you drop after April 20 until 3 weeks prior to your first day of class, you will receive a full refund minus $250 drop fee and any associated lab fees.
- If you drop within 3 weeks of the start date of your class, no refunds will be given.
- Drops due to an unforeseen emergency (i.e. hospitalization, etc.) are eligible to be contested through the School of the Art Institute of Chicago’s Refund Review Board. Documentation is required and refunds are typically partial.
- Please contact Ox-Bow’s registrar at email@example.com or (800) 318-3019 for the refund review forms and information.
Payment in full of all tuition, fees, and room & board is required at the time of registration, except for SAIC degree-seeking students, who will be billed through SAIC.
SAIC (for credit) students can make payments:
By cash, check or money order
Mail payments to SAIC Bursar’s Office (SAIC Bursar's Office, 37 South Wabash, Suite 711, Chicago, IL 60603)
- In person payment to Bursar’s Office (M-F, 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Please note all cash and money orders should be made payable to The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC).
By credit card
- CASHNet: Login to SAIC Self-Service and click on CASHNet
Non-SAIC (for credit) students:
Payments must be made by check payable to The School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Checks should be mailed directly to Ox-Bow.
(Ox-Bow, Attn. Program, 36 South Wabash, 12th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603)
- Checks will be hand delivered to Bursar’s office
Non-Credit (Audit) Courses:
Payment in full of all tuition, fees, and room and board is required at the time of registration. Non-credit courses may be paid for by credit card, check, or money order. Ox-Bow accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Ox-Bow.