Summer Course Registration Dates
Summer 2017 information available January 1
Open Summer Online Registration: APRIL 1, 2016
Open online registration for all students begins 8:30 a.m. (CST) until classes are filled.
Open Registration by Mail: april 1, 2016
Please send a complete registration form (or the form from the back of the course catalog), including payment arrangements to Ox-Bow Registration, 36 S. Wabash, 12th floor, Chicago, IL 60603. Forms sent in the mail may be postmarked no earlier than March 24th and will be processed in the order they were received on April 3rd.
Online registration is open to both SAIC and non-SAIC students. Registration is not an automated process as we are a unique place that has to manage housing as well. Our registrar will process the registration requests in the order they are received, emailing a registration confirmation soon after. Please call (800) 318-3019 if you would like confirmation that we received your information. In the event that the course you requested is full, you will receive an email or call informing you of your status on the wait list or that you have been enrolled in your second choice course.
Summer 2016 Tuition and Room & Board
Single Room Fee
A limited number of single rooms are available for an extra charge of $100 per week on a first-come, first-served basis. This fee is not charged until the availability of a single room can be confirmed, which is upon arrival at Ox-Bow for check-in.
Lab and Studio Fees
Lab fees are listed with course descriptions. Lab fees cover the cost of essential class materials supplied by Ox-Bow, including fuel costs (if applicable), and costs of maintaining the studios. Please note the new studio fee structure for all Metals Courses. All fees are due at the time of registration.
Ox-Bow Drop Policy
Please read carefully, Ox-Bow's drop policy is not the same as SAIC's drop policy.
To drop a course, students must submit the request in writing to using Ox-Bow's online drop form. Call (800) 318-3019 for more information. Simply not attending does not constitute a drop. Additionally, it is not possible to drop an Ox-Bow course through the SAIC Portal or through the SAIC Registrar.
The following drop fees will be assessed dependent on when you drop your course:
- From the first day of registration until 4:30 pm on Friday, April 22: Students will receive a full refund minus a $100 drop fee.
- If you drop after Friday, April 22 until 3 weeks prior to your first day of class: Students will receive a full refund minus $250 drop fee.
- If you drop within 3 weeks of the start date of your class: No refunds will be given. Drops due to an unforeseen emergency (i.e. hospitalization, etc.) are eligible to be contested through the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Refund Review Board. Documentation is required and refunds are typically partial. Please contact Ox-Bow’s registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 318-3019 for the refund review forms and information.
Refund Review Form
Payment in full of all tuition, fees, and room and board is required at the time of registration, except for SAIC degree-seeking students, who will be billed through SAIC.
SAIC (for credit) students can make payments:
By cash, check or money order
Mail payments to SAIC Bursar’s Office (SAIC Bursar's Office, 37 South Wabash, Suite 711, Chicago, IL 60603)
- In person payment to Bursar’s Office (M-F, 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Please note all cash and money orders should be made payable to The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC).
By credit card
- CASHNet: Login to SAIC Self-Service and click on CASHNet
Non-SAIC (for credit) students can make payments:
Payments must be made by check payable to The School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Checks should be mailed directly to Ox-Bow.
(Ox-Bow, Attn. Registrar, 36 South Wabash, 12th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
- Checks will be delivered to Bursar’s office by Registrar
Non-Credit (Audit) Courses:
Payment in full of all tuition, fees, and room and board is required at the time of registration. Non-credit courses may be paid for by credit card, check, or money order. Ox-Bow accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Ox-Bow.