Register for Summer Courses
Ox-Bow core Summer Courses are open to artists at any skill level, 18 years of age or older. We offer advanced registration for students attending The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and open registration for all other non-credit students. If you do not currently attend SAIC, we welcome you to register during open registration beginning on April 3rd.
SAIC Advanced Registration Begins:
March 20, 2017
- 8:30 am in person registration begins
- 1:00pm online registration opens
(Current SAIC students only) Registration continues until classes are full
Open Online Registration BEGINS:
April 3, 2017
- Open online registration for all students begins 8:30 am (CST)
- Registration continues until classes are full
OPEN REGISTRATION BY MAIL BEGINS:
MARCH 24, 2017
Please send a completed registration form with payment to: Ox-Bow Registration, 36 S. Wabash, 12th floor, Chicago, IL 60603. Registrations will be processed in the order they are received
Registration is not an automated process as we are a unique place that has to manage housing as well. Our registrar will process the registration requests in the order they are received, emailing a registration confirmation soon after. Please call 1 (800) 318-3019 if you would like confirmation that we received your information.
Merit scholarship Application Deadline:
February 20, 2017
Ox-Bow Drop Policy
Please read carefully, Ox-Bow's drop policy is not the same as SAIC's drop policy.
To drop a course, students must submit the request in writing to using Ox-Bow's online drop form. Call (800) 318-3019 for more information. Simply not attending does not constitute a drop. Additionally, it is not possible to drop an Ox-Bow course through the SAIC Portal or through the SAIC Registrar.
The following drop fees will be assessed dependent on when you drop your course:
- From the first day of registration until 4:30 pm on Friday, April 21: Students will receive a full refund minus a $100 drop fee.
- If you drop after Friday, April 21 until 3 weeks prior to your first day of class: Students will receive a full refund minus $250 drop fee + any lab fees associated with the class.
- If you drop within 3 weeks of the start date of your class: No refunds will be given. Drops due to an unforeseen emergency (i.e. hospitalization, etc.) are eligible to be contested through the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Refund Review Board. Documentation is required and refunds are typically partial. Please contact Ox-Bow’s registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 318-3019 for refund review forms and information.