Apply for the Leroy Neiman Fellowship Program
The Fellowship Program funded by the LeRoy Neiman Foundation is one of Ox-Bow's most sought after and rewarding programs. Degree-seeking students who are upperclassmen in college, or MFA students and are at least 21 years old at the start of the fellowship, are eligible to spend 13 weeks at Ox-Bow.
REVIEW THE APPLICATION PROCESS BELOW.
Application Deadline: February 20th, 2017
Who can Apply?
SAIC Graduate and Undergraduate Students
Ox-Bow offers two fellowships to graduate and undergraduate junior and senior degree-seeking students from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Open to current SAIC students or SAIC students who graduated in or after December of 2016. Applicants must also be at least 21 years of age at start of the fellowship and be eligible to work in the United States.
Non-SAIC Degree seeking students from any school
Ox-Bow also offers two positions to undergraduate and graduate students from any degree-granting institution. Students should be in their junior year or older and currently enrolled in a degree program in the visual arts or who graduated in or after December of 2016. Must be at least 21 years of age at start of the fellowship and be eligible to work in the United States..
We accept fellowship applications once a year. All applications should be submitted online via submittable. To apply click the link below.
You will be asked to provide the following for the application:
- Statement of Purpose: Describe your work and what you hope to accomplish while at Ox-Bow.
- Statement of Interest: Why are you interested in the fellowship program?
- Ox-Bow fellows are an important of the campus community. What would make you good community member? Share with us your experience of working in a group setting.
- One letter of recommendation. The recommendations should speak to your work, level of responsibility, address your ability to work independently and in within a community. On the application form you will be asked to enter the email address of your recommender. They will receive an email with a link to upload a recommendation letter once you have submitted your application. Please be sure to alert your recommender ahead of the deadline so they can have your letter prepared. They should upload their recommendation letter no later than February 24th. Alternately, the letter can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org). Please have the recommender include your name in the subject of the email.
- Documentation of Works See guidelines below
- Resume or CV
- Image List / Work Inventory
- Non-SAIC students must submit an unofficial transcript
Work Documentation Guidelines
Please label all files with your last name, first name and number.
(Smith, Joe_01, Smith, Joe_02, etc...)
Include one or more of the following:
- 10-15 digital images (NO POWERPOINTS OR PDFs for images)
- Video work(s) or video documentation of work, max. 10 minutes. (Vimeo or Youtube are preferred).
- Audio work(s) max 10 minutes. (web addresses or MOV, WAV, MP3, etc)
- Attachments cannot exceed a total of 400 Megabytes; no single file should be larger than 80 MB. We don’t have specific image guidelines. Please note that images are viewed online and will be projected during the panel meeting.