Apply for a Residency
Ox-Bow accepts applications for the Summer and Fall Residency program once a year. Please review the residency overview page to see what program might best fit your needs. Applicants can apply for more than one residency program in a given year. Past Ox-Bow Artists in Residence are eligible to reapply after 2 calendar years have passed. Applicants are informed of the status of their applications within four weeks of the application deadline.
Summer Arts Faculty Residency: Thursday, February 2, 2017, Midnight
Summer MFA Residency: Thursday, February 2, 2017, Midnight
Fall Artists' and Writers' Residency: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, Midnight
All residency applications must be submitted online via Submittable.
To apply, click on the link below.
You will be asked to provide the following for the application.
- Artist Statement
- Statement of Purpose (What do you hope to accomplish during your residency?)
- Statement of Interest (What is it about Ox-Bow that drew you to apply and how will that inform your practice?)
- Resume or C.V.
- Documentation of work
- Image list/Work Inventory
- Two references (You are not required to provide written recommendations)
- If applying as a collaborative group, you will submit one application with a primary contact and will be asked to attach a pdf of information about your collaborator(s): first and last name, email, phone, address, website (if available), demographic information, and bio.
Portfolio Image Guidelines
Please label all files with your last name, first name and number.
(Smith, Joe_01, Smith, Joe_02, etc...)
Include one or more of the following:
Please save all written materials as PDFs and image files as JPG or TIFF.
- 10-15 digital images (NO POWERPOINTS OR PDFs for images)
- Video work(s) or video documentation of work, max. 10 minutes. (Vimeo or Youtube are preferred).
- Audio work(s) max 10 minutes. (web addresses or MOV, WAV, MP3, etc)
- No more than 15 pages of writing samples
Attachments cannot exceed a total of 400 Megabytes; no single file should be larger than 80 MB. We don’t have specific image guidelines. Please note that images are viewed online and will be projected during the panel meeting.
Ox-Bow is committed to bringing together a group of talented, diverse and engaged residents for the summer and fall programs and in doing so we take great care in the selection process. The application review process consists of an online review followed by in-person panel meeting. Each selection panel is unique and made up of a combination of Ox-Bow staff, past residents and selected outside artists. The panel focuses on the merit of the applicant’s work as well as the responses to the statement of interest and purpose.