Apply for a Residency
Ox-Bow accepts applications for the Summer and Fall Residency program once a year. Please review the residency overview to see what program best fits your needs. Applicants can apply for more than one residency program in a given year.
Eligibility: Past Ox-Bow Artists-in-Residence are eligible to re-apply after 2 calendar years have passed. Applicants are informed of the status of their application within five weeks of the application deadline.
Summer Arts Faculty Residency
3 weeks, June 3-August 18, 2018
Summer MFA Residency
2 weeks, June 3-August 18, 2018
Fall Residency Program
2, 3, and 5 week residencies, September 3 - October 7, 2018
You will be asked to provide the following for the application.
- Application questions (no more than 250 words each):
Statement of Practice (A brief description of your work and process) Statement of Purpose (What do you hope to accomplish during your residency?) *Please note, Ox-Bow is not a project-based residency. We understand that time at a residency is used by artists for solitary or collaborative works, experimentation, research etc. Statement of Interest (What is it about Ox-Bow that drew you to apply?)
- Resume or C.V. (PDFs only)
- Documentation of work (see guidelines below)
- Image list/Work Inventory (not required for writing applicants) (PDFs only)
- Two references with contact information (You are not required to provide written recommendations)
- Summer MFA student applicants must provide an unofficial transcript
- If applying as a collaborative group, you will submit one application with a primary contact and will be asked to attach a pdf of information about your collaborator(s): first and last name, email, phone, address, website (if available), demographic information, and bio.
Documentation of Work Guidelines
Please label all files with your last name, first name and number.
(Smith, Joe_01, Smith, Joe_02, etc...)
Include one or more of the following:
Please save all written materials as PDFs and image files as JPGs.
- 10-15 digital images (NO POWERPOINTS OR PDFs for images)
- Video work(s) or video documentation of work, max. 10 minutes. (Vimeo or Youtube links are preferred).
- Audio work(s) max 10 minutes. (web addresses or MOV, WAV, MP3, etc)
- No more than 15 pages of writing samples
Attachments cannot exceed a total of 400 Megabytes; no single file should be larger than 80 MB. We don’t have specific image guidelines. Please note that images are viewed online and will be projected during the panel meeting.
Ox-Bow is committed to bringing together a group of talented, diverse and engaged residents for the summer and fall programs and in doing so we take great care in the selection process. The application review process consists of an online review followed by in-person panel meeting. Each selection panel is unique and made up of a combination of Ox-Bow staff, past residents and selected outside artists. The panel focuses on the merit of the applicant’s work as well as responses to the statements of practice, purpose and interest.