Apply for Fellowship
The Fellowship Program funded by the LeRoy Neiman Foundation is one of Ox-Bow's most sought after and rewarding programs. Degree-seeking students who are upperclassmen in college, or MFA students and are at least 21 years old at the start of the fellowship, are eligible to spend 13 weeks at Ox-Bow.
The deadline for summer 2016 Applications IS february 22nd (midnight cst).
Who can Apply?
SAIC Graduate and Undergraduate Students
Ox-Bow offers two fellowships to graduate and undergraduate junior and senior degree-seeking students from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Open to current SAIC students or SAIC students who graduated on or after December 2015. Applicants must also be at least 21 years of age at start of the fellowship.
Non-SAIC Degree seeking students from any school
Ox-Bow also offers two positions to undergraduate and graduate students from any degree-granting institution. Students should be in their junior year or older and currently enrolled in a degree program in the visual arts. Must be at least 21 years of age at start of the fellowship.
We accept fellowship applications once a year. All applications should be submitted online via submittable. To apply click the link below.
You will be asked to provide the following for the application.
- Statement of Purpose: Describe your work and what you hope to accomplish while at Ox-Bow.
- Statement of Interest: Why are you interested in the fellowship program?
Ox-Bow fellows are an important of the campus community. What would make you good community member? Share with us your experience of working in a group setting.
- One letter of recommendations (These can be email directly to email@example.com) Please have the recommender include your name in the subject of the email. The recommendations should speak to your work, level of responsibility and address your ability to work independently.
- Resume or CV
- Image List/ Work Inventory
- Non-SAIC must submit an unofficial transcript
Portfolio Image Guidelines
Please label all files with your last name, first name and number. (Smith, Joe_01, Smith, Joe_02, etc...) Include one or more of the following:
- 10-15 digital images (NO POWERPOINTS OR PDFs for images)
- Video work(s) or video documentation of work, max. 10 minutes.(Vimeo or Youtube are preferred).
- Audio work(s) max 10 minutes. (web addresses or MOV, WAV, MP3, etc)
- Attachments cannot exceed a total of 400 Megabytes; no single file should be larger than 80 MB. We don’t have specific image guidelines. Please note that images are viewed online and will be projected during the panel meeting.